Friday, February 8, 2008

Pie Ladies

Sylvie and I are trying something new. Now as anyone who knows me can tell you, I hate to exercise. Why is this, you may ask? Two things: I hate to sweat and I hate to be in pain. Exercise means both, but being a rational person, I know that sometimes you have to do things you hate, if they are good for you. Things like: eat spinach, pick up stuff that is laying around your house, go out in terrible weather just because you have to be at work, and *sigh* exercise. So we started Pilates (christened Pie Ladies, by Sessa, I think) together at the Community Center at the beginning of January. So far, I don't totally hate it! It does make me sweat some, it's more embarrassing than hate-worthy, and it does make me hurt, but not until the next day. At least the hurt has not been centering itself in one area of my body. Pilates can be tricky that way. The pain moves around, so it's easier to forget from week to week. Today, my legs hurt. They hurt so much, I could hardly sleep! Now that is a hurt I cannot ignore, because not sleeping makes me hurt more and ticks me off. If the pain goes away by tomorrow, I'll go back, because it has to be good for me, right? But I've been going for four weeks now, and I still haven't seen any pie! Anne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great picture of Sylvie! She's growing into a beautiful young woman; and talented, too, by the sound of it. Best of luck in the show, Sylvie...oops, I mean break a leg!!
Love,
Sue