Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blog Envy

Ok, I know I'm new to this whole "blog" thing (please picture in your mind, someone smarmy doing that exagerated quotation mark charade manuever with extra curly fingers. It should be evident that they actually hate the manuever and are making fun of it), but as much as I love reading other people's blog's, I am jealous of all of their blog bling (Hey! Did I just coin a new phrase!?) Little things like links within the blog entry, lots of pictures, cartoons, fancy graphics, little movies, and really fantastic writing that seems like they were just talking (albeit, very cleverly) and someone else wrote it down for them. I love people who write like that, but boy does that stuff make me green! I think that through my blog effort, my writing is getting better, but I find myself going back a lot and changing things as I write them. We can't really do that when we talk without sounding like my college biology professor. We got so distracted by the number of times he said "um" in class that we counted them and missed what he was saying in between. No problem explaining my B- in freshman biology. My brother-in-law, Tom, is one of these people that have lots of bling in his blog. As an example, I would have loved to have Tom's name be able to link you to his site right there in the body of that sentence, but I don't have a clue as to how to do it. He is my go to guy for the neat stuff I already have (see neat cartoon with link on sidebar), but the best I can do is refer you to his blog website address also on the sidebar(not far from the cute cartoon). I guess I'll have to call him and spend some time with him on the phone again, or maybe he gives lessons? I can see the ad now..."Is your blog boring? Is your writing bad? Call me, Tom Smart, for lessons in up to the minute, cutting edge bling on your blog!" I think there could be a market for that. Anne

3 comments:

Tom Smart said...

A market? Sweet! But you'll get free lessons for life since you:
a.) came up with the idea
b.) coined a new phrase.

I'm enjoying your blog!

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

I am reading - even though I don't always comment. Just write about what you want, when you what. I felt pressured to have all the "blog bling" also - I just found my flow and wrote for me and not my audience. I have so enjoyed it. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

OK, I still journal with a pen and blank book. How's that for non-cutting-edge? Perhaps someday I'll make more of a foray into the digital age, but for now I'm really enjoying your blog, kiddo! You're sharing your mind and your heart with the world, what more could one ask for?
Love ya!
Suz