Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Beginning

As many of you know, I have had problems with my right knee and with obesity for most of my life. After many years of knee pain, weight loss attempts (and weight gains) and then almost ten years of saying "forget this!" to dieting, I have made a big decision (no pun intended). I have been working hard for the last six months to fulfill the requirements of my bariatric clinic and my insurance company and yesterday the date was set for surgery. I am having gastric bypass surgery on the 18th of March. While I am excited and no stranger to this surgery (my dad had it in 2003), I am still feeling some trepidation with the decision. It is a big surgery and any surgery carries risk. I feel that I have done my research and the program I am in is a really good one. The support and knowledge they have given me has been phenomenal. I will probably be using this blog for a journal of my experiences with the surgery and the new life I will have afterward. I still intend to write on other topics. My weight has never, nor (I hope) will ever be, the only thing in my life worth keeping up with and communicationg about. That would be a bore, wouldn't it? I will be posting a before picture before too long. Say goodbye to "puffy" Anne. Love to you all. Anne

No comments: