Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Annie" at an End

Sylvie is in the throes of what I call "post play letdown". Her school musical is over. Anyone who has done something that requires weeks of work and fun and learning probably knows what this feels like. You wonder what you are going to do with all of your time now that you don't have this actvity to fill it. You wonder if you will continue to be friends with all of the new people you met and got close to. You can't wait for the next time you get to do it again. She came home from the cast and crew party last night, promptly put on her "Annie" soundtrack, and wept for about 15 minutes. Luckily she had some great plans for today to help take her mind off of it. A movie and dinner with some of her new friends. I hope she has a great time. Anne


2 comments:

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Hey! Just wanted to say hi. I use to be a drama chick in high school. Totally loved being in the chorus and being a part of such productions. My daughter doesn't quite have that desire, but she definitely has a flare for the dramatic when she wants to. Blessings as you deal with post - play let down.

Cyndee

Unknown said...

Oh, my goodness, remember "South Pacific" letdown? Of course there are a few specific things from those days that I'd rather forget entirely, but for the most part, participating in that show was one of my more memorable experiences! I'm glad Sylvie enjoyed herself so much, and I look forward to hearing about her next foray into show biz!
Love,
Sue