Friday, March 21, 2008

I Need More than Snow in March

I really don't care much for March in Minnesota, except for the 31st. I know that I live in a cold weather state and that I must expect no literal return of Spring, despite what the calendar says, but by this time of year, I'm ready for 50 degree weather and some buds on the trees. I guess my 11 years in Kansas City have led me to this. March there is Springtime. Here in Minnesota, we really can't expect buds until May and full tree leaf-out until the first part of June. Spring in Minnesota is a misnomer. We usually get a week of it if we're lucky. But, if you like the "In like a lion, out like a lamb" adadge, you really do get it here. A day or two of springlike weather usually pops out at the end of March, only to be snatched back by the hands of winter for a snowfall,or two, in April. Looking outside today, you'd think it was January, cold and snowing. But, like all Minnesotans, I know it doesn't last forever and the "snow gone, birds come back" season will soon be upon us. Please God, I am so ready. Anne

2 comments:

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Amen to that sister! I always long for the Colorado springtime - 60 degree days and sunny! We were wishing each other a Merry Easter - because it looked more like Christmas outside than Easter.

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Hi, Honey!
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been to your blog. Our stupid Internet police or whatever at my work won't let me access it anymore, and that's where I do 99.9% of my "computing." I hardly do any at home.
I'm glad that the surgery went well and am praying for your recovery! You'll do great!
Hugs,
Suz