Monday, January 21, 2008

The House I Grew Up In


This is the house I grew up in. When I lived there, it was a dark chocolate brown color and I don't know if it had the eagle on it. It was a great place to live. It has an acre of land and lots of trees. I have been back in town a couple times since we left in the early 80's and the house has been this blue color for most of that time. For a while, there was a large fake orange butterfly on it between the two upstairs windows. I guess the eagle is an improvement. The people who live there now have had it the longest, having purchased it in 1986. It looks like they take good care of it and that makes me feel happy. It's nice to know that the place that made me so happy is happy too. Anne


3 comments:

Claire said...

Hi, Anne!
I remember the story of you, Mom, and Jill jumping out of those windows one time! : )
Love you,
Claire

Unknown said...

Hey, Annie.
Wow, your blog brings back memories. SO SO SO many memories. Especially the picture of your house, and the poem you wrote. Great stuff! Thanks for helping me to see my own childhood through a fresh set of eyes. And so many of the memories have you in a starring role!
Love you!
Suz

Unknown said...

(Too bad my name isn't Donna, then my comment could start with "Donna said...")
NO ONE is going to get that but YOU! Don'tcha love it?
Suz