Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Did You Pod That?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about ipods lately. I got a shuffle last year for my birthday after seeing one on my brother-in-law Tom. His is silver. It is so tiny! Mine is neon pink, a nod to my inner seven-year-old ballerina. I change the songs about every three months or so, but I find I do have a core of songs that stay. I think you could tell a lot about a person by what they have on their MP3 player. On mine, for instance, there is about 8 hours of music. What does that say? I think is says that I like the idea that I can carry that much music with me, or maybe that I like to have a wide selection. There is a section with 70's and
80's music. That brings back some of the best memories of my childhood. There is a section of quiet stuff. Most of these songs come from movie soundtracks from my adult years. That is not to say that the songs are new, no, they tend to be standards from the oldie old days. Right now, "When I Fall in Love" is playing. This is from "Sleepless in Seattle", one of my favorite movies. There are also a couple of Broaway soundtracks on here. Everything on my ipod is something that makes me happy. I listen to this stuff and it makes me feel good and gets me going or, relaxes me. I think it's really great to be able to carry that around with me. Anne

No comments: