Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What a Good Day

Today was an unusual day. It was fun and maybe it's unusualness (is that a word?)is what made it that way. I went over to the senior center that Mom works at and filled out an "application" to help her in the Meals on Wheels kitchen on Friday mornings. I met Debbie, the lady in charge, who gave me a tour and invited me to all the free coffee I want. Too bad I can't drink coffee anymore. She showed me all around, tipped me onto the good parking spots, and even threw out a tentative offer for a paying sub position in the future. Thanks to Mom for her hard work, as I know this offer had to be on her merit.
After that, I went to see my dad and collect Margie's cat to take to her in Red Wing. I had a nice chat with Dad, who is stuck at home in his pj's due to swelling from abdominal surgery ("none of my pants fit"). Poor Dad. We then stuffed old fat Polly into his carrier and I drove, with him yowling for the first half hour, to meet Marg in Red Wing.
Once there, we transferred the hefty beast out of the carrier and Margie put him on a leash in the Caribou Coffee parking lot for a quick waddle. Then back into the carrier for a nap, I hope, while Margie and I went for lunch.
We went to a place called Lily's that has charm, but the food didn't impress me today. I ate half a cup of soup and a few chips and we had a nice long talk. Loverly.
I came home via Home Goods, which is not nearly as fun to shop in alone as it is with a mom or a sis, so I ended up buying zip.
Hot dogs and corn for dinner. Time with the kids. Even a short talk via cell to Elizabeth, who is on a bus trip to New York! Overall, a very nice unusual day.
Anne

No comments: